|Amit Bhar||Born : 1973|
Location: West Bengal
• Calcutta Govt. Art College – trained by Shri Paresh Das, a noted artist and gold medallist.
• Further trained by Subal Jana and Niloy Ghosh.
• Hotel Chancery, Bangalore, 2002.
• Mahua Art Gallery, Bangalore, 2004.
• Habi Art Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, September-2005.
• Mahua Art Gallery, Dollar Colony, Bangalore, July-2005.
• Mahua Art Gallery, Leela Palace, Bangalore, September-2006.
• Mahua Art Gallery, Leela Palace, Bangalore, August-2007.
• Mahua Art Gallery, Leela Palace, Bangalore, September-2008.
• Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata.
• All India Fine Arts Thtya Kendra, Kolkata.
• Mahua Art Gallery, Leela Palace, Bangalore, 2005.
• Mahua Art Gallery, Leela Palace, Bangalore, April-2006.
• Arpana Art Gallery, New Delhi, November-2006.
• Kamalnayan Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai, March-2007.
• The Gallery, Cork Street, London, July-2007.
• AIFACS Gallery, New Delhi, October- 2007.
• Hotel Radisson, New Delhi, November- 2007.
• Mahua art Gallery, Bangalore, August-2008.
• Genesis art Gallery, Kolkata, January-2008.
USA, Switzerland, Singapore, Spain, Bangkok, Italy, London, Canada and many private collections.
Other Details: As a child Amit’s first love being art, his notebooks at school were invariably filled with sketches and paintings. The scintillating, pristine, rustic beauty of rural Bengal inspired him to take to the brush at a very tender age.
The clear blue skies, fallen autumn leaves, grazing cattle and the daily life of the village, nestled on the banks of the river Hoogly have been his inspiration.
Amit speaks of his style as “…a new semi realistic technique of texturing with the play of light and shade”.
Amit’s expression of every subject on canvas, leads the viewer to re-examine the threshold between illusion and reality, between waking and dreaming.