|Go to page||
Page 1 of 0
|Wasim Kapoor | b.1951|
Wasim R Kapoor is an artist possessed by the dark emotions of pain, suppression, suffering and loneliness. Kapoor is highly sensitive and creative, and has always been a central figure on the Indian art scene. He has been exhibiting his works in solo and group shows for more than thirty years now, and seems to have achieved more in this time than most artists do in their entire careers.
1971 Diploma in Fine Arts, Indian College of Arts and Draftsmanship, Kolkata
Selected Group Exhibitions
• 1994 Exhibition of Rotary Club at Gallery 88, Kolkata
• 1993 'Wounds', Centre for International Modern Art (CIMA), Kolkata
• 1993 'Trend and Images', Centre for International Modern Art (CIMA), Kolkata
• 1993 Vadhera Art Gallery, New Delhi & Mumbai
• 1992 Exhibition of Contemporary Art at Kassel, Germany.
• 1992 Exhibition of Contemporary Art in Paris, Lyons and Marseilles, France.
• 1991 'Changing Images of contemporary art exhibition in Mumbai
• 1991-92 'Brush Stroke of Bengal' exhibition organized by Art Age, New Delhi
• 1989 Exhibition of Human Rights organized in Calcutta by Alliance Francaise.
• 1987 Exhibition of Eight Contemporary artists of India organized by Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Kolkata
• 1985 Painting Exhibition of the Government of West Bengal
• 1982 Exhibition with M F Husain in Kolkata
• 1982-1983 Exhibition of Four painters in Sweden
• 1981 Picasso Centenary Exhibition by Calcutta Painters in Kolkata
• 1981-82 Exhibition of Calcutta Painters, New Delhi
• 1981-83 Exhibition of Calcutta Painters, Kolkata
• 1976 All India Surrealistic Arts Exhibition, All India Fine Arts and Crafts Society (AIFACS), New Delhi
• 1975,76 Portrait Exhibition, All India Fine Arts and Crafts Society (AIFACS), New Delhi
• 1975,76 Travelling Exhibition of the Lalit Kala Akademi in New Delhi
• 1969,1970,74,84 Kolkata
• 1990 Third Biennial of Contemporary Indian Art in Bhopal.
• 1987 International Drawing exhibition in Japan
• 1989-91 National Exhibition of Arts, New Delhi
• 1989-91 Annual Exhibition of the Gallerie 88 in Kolkata
• 1966-75 Annual All India Art Exhibitions of All India Fine Arts and Crafts Society (AIFACS), New Delhi
• 1966-83 All India Exhibition, Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata
• 1969-95 Annual Exhibitions of the Birla Academy of Art and Culture, Kolkata
Honours and Awards
• 1985 Shiromoni Award from Asian Paints
• 1984 All India Award from Birla Academy of Art and Culture, Kolkata
• 1984 Award from the Government of West Bengal
• 1980-81 All India Award from the Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata
|Go to page||
Page 1 of 0
Back to Top