|B. Ruma Sharma|
|Go to page||
Page 1 of 1
|B. Ruma Sharma | b.1968|
• Five year B.F.A.(specialization sculpture) from Banaras Hindu University, 1986-1990. Subjects include- Painting, Applied Art, Graphics, Pottery Ceramics, Textile Design, History of Arts & design and Aesthetics.
• M.F.A. (specialization bronze casting) from Banaras Hindu University 1994 Subjects include- Life study, Creative Sculpture, Terracotta ceramics (elective) History of Arts & design and Aesthetics.
• Merit Scholarship from faculty of Visual Arts, B.H.U, Varanasi 1990 to 1995
• Awarded National Culture Scholarship 1996-1998 from Department of Culture,
• Ministry of human resource development Government of India.
• UGC/NET qualified in 1996 (Visual Arts- Sculpture)
• Joined Assam University, Silchar, as a Lecturer in Department of Fine Arts in April – 1996.
• Ph.D. on Arts of Manipur with special reference to Textile Sculpture and Painting, from Assam University-2001
• Attended Orientation Course at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-2001.
• Attended UGC Refresher Course, Depts. Commerce, Assam University, Silchar-2002
• Attended UGC Refresher Course, Department of Fine Arts, Assam University, Silchar - March 2003
• Joined Assam University, Silchar as a Reader in Department of Fine Arts-May 2004.
• Indo Canadian Workshop Organized by Shastri Indo Canadian Institute, New Delhi at Assam University, Silchar- 2005.
• 1993-Awarded State Award by U.P.State Lalit Kala Akademi,Lacknow,U.P.
• 1994–Honored by S.C.Z.C.C. Nagpur, Maharastra.
• 1995– Awarded All India Award by Birla Academy of Arts and Culture, Kolkata.
• 1995 Awarded State level Award by WAV, Varanasi, UP.
• 1996- Awarded All India Award by AIFACS, New Delhi.
• 1996- Honored as a Barista Kalakar by Kalavithika, Kanpur.
• 1997- Awarded State level Award by AIFACS, New Delhi in’50years of Art after
• 1997- Awarded National level Award by AIFACS, New Delhi in’50years of Art after
• 1998- Awarded State Award by Manipur State Kala Akademy ,Imphal, Manipur.
Camps / Workshops
• 1990- All India Sculpture Camp, faculty of Visual Arts, B.H.U., Varanasi
• 2005- National level workshop on Sculpture and Painting organized by Zorhat Fine Arts Society at Zorhat Assam.
• 2008- Multi Media Camp at Imphal, Arts Society Manipur
• Imphal- 1991,1992,1993,1994
• Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai-1991, 1993, 1996
• B.H.U.-1989, 1992.
• Rashtriya Lalit Kala Kendra, Luknow-1991
• U.P. state lalit Kala Akademi, Luknow-1992
• Madras during the Rastriya Kala Mela-1993
• Rastriya Kala Mela, New Delhi-1993
• Kolkata during the Rastriya Kala Mela-1995
• ABC Art Gallery, Varansi- 1993, 1996
• Triveni Kala Sangam, New Delhi- 1994.
• Bangalore during the Rastriya Kala Mela-1994
• Birla Academy of Arts and Culture, Kolkata- 1998.
British Council, Mumbai ; Rashtriya Lalit Kala Kendra, Lucknow ; Sharma Art and Craft House, Imphal and may private collections in Kolkata ,Mumbai Delhi and Austria
• ABC Art Gallery, Varansi- 1991,1996.
• Regional Art Exhibition by Rashtriya Kala Kendra at Lucknow-1994.
• An exhibition of Sculpture and Painting by Birla Academy of Arts and Culture at
Jehangir Art Gallary, Mumbai-1995
• “Young faces in Contemporary Indian Art” by Birla Academy of Art & Culture,
• 7th Northern Region Art Exhibition by Rashtriya Lalit Kala Kendra at Banagalore-1995.
• Exhibition on Traditional and Contemporary Art of Eastern Region by Arts and
Culture Manipur at Imphal -1999.
• Exhibition of Painting and Sculpture during N.E.Panaroma by E.Z.C.C. at Lalit Kala
Academy, New Delhi-2001
• Art Exhibition on Communal Harmony by E.Z.C.C. ,Kolkata and Dept.of Arts
Culture Manipur at Imphal – 2001
• Culture and Environment of the N.E. an art Exhibition by NEZCC at Lalit Kala
Academy, New Delhi-2001.
• Exhibition of art of selected artists of NE for Cultural Festival on N.E. by L.K A., New
• Contemporary Sculptures of Manipur by SACH at Imphal-2007
• Mini Sculpture exhibition by vyakta at Baroda -11th to 16 February, 2008
• “When Small is Monumental” An Exclusive Exhibition of Bronze Sculptures by
Chitrakoot Art Gallery at Kolkata – from 15th to 24th March 2008.
Regular participant in national and state level art exhibitions organized by various academies and art organizations since 1990 like U.P.State Lalit Kala Academy, Lucknow; Rajasthan Lalit Academy, Jaipur; Manipur State Kala Academy,Imphal; Academy of Fine Arts ,Kolkata; Birla Academy of Art and Culture ,Kolkata; AIFACS, New Delhi; SCZCC,Nagpur; W.A.U. ,Varanasi; Indian Academy of Fine Arts, Amritsar etc.
The flying Deities- Mural in bronze Size-28X8 ft. on the wall of Maharastra Industrial Development Corporation building at Andheri, East Mumbai.
|Go to page||
Page 1 of 1
Back to Top